Friday, July 09, 2004

The Darkness

Guilty pleasure on the bus, Confession time. Listened toThe Darkness hoping that no-one could tell either through the guilty smirk on my face or the sound from leaky headphones. There's some fine rhythym playing and great little riffs under all the guitar squawling. The lyrics throughout are fantastic "My hearts in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel" (I believe in a thing called love) while the only possible way to improve a
chorus like "Get your hands off my woman motherfucker" is to lead into it with a mega decibel falsetto scream "You cunt". Good job that's what they did.

However, there is absolutely no need for a Scorpions, lighters in the air type song like Love is only a feeling or the fine named but foul sounding Holding my own. Although I suppose it is in their job description to write them...Top Metal bands even if they're Top Pantomime Metal bands still need a power ballad. This has always been the way. Just as it's every righteous citizens duty when confronted by a stray or suffering Power Ballad to put it out of it's misery.

No comments: