Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Mott the Hoople

A twisted knee kept me off the bike to work this morning and put me on the bus. Good opportunity for listening to music and in true Stealth Buffet style, I took it. Mojo's introduction Mott the Hoople has probably more Mott than you're likely to need in a lifetime (hmmmm), it's also got All The Way To Memphis which has got one of my favourite parping sax parts, which fades in and out
of the mix as the sax player struggles to keep control of his instrument. (This post has turned into a Finbar Saunders entry?whoops there I go I go again). I never really got to grips with jazz and I never liked the famous pop sax moments like Baker Street, Hazel O'Connor Will You? Oh no. I like the tooting and parping sax sounds like Four Top Same Old Song, Isley Brother
This Old Heart Of Mine.

Back to Mott though?The Glam singles like All, The Young Dudes, All The way To Memphis, Honoloochie Boogie sounded fantastic but the line that made me smile was the hooker with a heart of gold song Alice with it's line "I wonder if she wonders if I wonder if she wonders"

No comments: